Release date: October 16, 2018
ELMS has been updated! Version 4.6 includes new features and improvements that enhance the experience for administrators and end users. See below for a summary of changes that may affect you.
New Password and Security Guidelines
- The requirements around user passwords have been updated to improve security and meet ISO specifications.
- New passwords must:
- Contain at least 8 characters for regular users
- Contain at least 15 characters for administrators.
- New passwords cannot:
- Contain the user’s name, username, email address, or partial email address
- Be a “common” password (e.g. “password123”).
- This change does not affect current passwords. The new requirements will apply to all new passwords created in the future.
- For added security, accounts will be temporarily locked after six consecutive failed sign-in attempts. Locked accounts must wait half an hour before they can attempt to sign in again.
Improved Experience for Administrators
- New tooltips and messaging have been added to help administrators navigate and understand the administration site.
- Buttons are hidden until clicking them will have an effect, so it’s clear when a selection or some other action on your part is needed.
- Date and time selectors have been redesigned to minimize errors.