Easily Manage and Distribute VMAP Software
VMware offers two academic programs for educational institutions: Academic Software Licensing and the IT Academy.
Academic Software Licensing provides software licenses for teaching, research, and personal discovery. It cannot be used for campus infrastructure, non-academic purposes or any for-profit activity.
The IT Academy provides VMware-developed educational materials and certification resources for people seeking IT positions. It is not intended for campus infrastructure, non-academic purposes or any for-profit activity, such as promoting or delivering VMware courses to businesses to train their IT staff.
In partnership with Kivuto, VMware Academic Software Licensing and the IT Academy are offered to institutions and departments as a subscription-based program. As part of the subscription, you are given access to a custom branded WebStore which allows your members to easily access resources.
- Accredited, degree-granting higher education institutions offering 2, 3 or 4 year programs worldwide (or equivalent)
- Career or technical schools offering accredited degrees or certificates through in-person or distance education programs
- Secondary education (ages 14-17)
- A Campus Subscription covers all faculty, staff members and students enrolled within the same physical campus location.
- A Departmental Subscription covers all faculty, staff members and students enrolled within a single participating department.
By teaming up with Kivuto, you will save time and money in infrastructure maintenance and software distribution costs through a custom WebStore that streamlines all program administration processes.
Access to World Class Tools
- Fast setup and easy actions
- Ability to brand WebStore to your institution
- Ability to verify users with your school’s existing authentication system (e.g. LDAP / Active Directory / Shibboleth) via Integrated User Verification
- Multiple domain support in a single tenant
- Full admin and end-user support
- On-demand reporting and tracking
- Automatic provisioning of licenses
- License renewal management